You just finished your rendition of Kiss by Prince
. What's next? Are covering in a soft, thick fluffy bath sheet? Or is it a towel from 2002 that has lost all its luster and absorbancy? If it is the latter, stick with us. You need to be able to choose great bath towels and now is the time
. The right towel collections ensure your bathroom offers a spa-like experience at home. Here are some things you should know, "towel talk" so to speak. The most popular fabric for bath towels is of course 100% cotton. But we recommend bamboo towels as well. One of the most important features when selecting towels is how they feel. When you touch high quality towels, they feel soft and velvety with a weight you notice. Look for a border and dense stitching. Towels should be perfectly square at the corners when folded. Towels
are frequently described as either terry or velour. Terry is created through a weaving process that loops the fibers on both sides of the fabric. Terry is popular for daily use. With velour, these loops are cropped to create a smoother texture. Velour towels are more frequently used for decorative purposes. Found the perfect towels for you. Now what? Here's how to care for your cozy beauties: vinegar image source
- Machine launder in warm water on the gentle cycle with a cold water rinse.
- Use a mild detergent without added bleach, whiteners or softeners.
- Do not use a liquid fabric softener, these can damage the cotton fibers.
- Certain facial creams and body lotions contain ingredients such as peroxide, bleaching agents, oils or acids. Some of these agents may cause discoloration upon laundering.
- Before using your towels and rugs for the first time add 1 cup of white vinegar to the water. The vinegar will help remove the factory-applied finish that protects the linens during shipping.
If you have any questions or concerns about cleaning your Peacock Alley product, please contact us